Name: Laura Kinney
Random Notes/Things from the Comics to Keep:
Aliases: X-23, Laura Howlett, Lady Wolverine, Laura X, Talon, Samantha Fisk
Place of Birth: The Facility
Occupation: Adventurer, student; former waitress, assassin
Gender: Female / Height: 5'1" / Weight: 111lbs / Orientation: Pansexual
Education: Extensive training in skills useful to assassination; some college courses
- Mother: Sarah Kinney (creator & surrogate mother, deceased)
- Father: James Howlett (genetic template/"father")
- Maternal Aunt: Deborah Kinney
- Maternal Cousin: Megan Kinney
- Clones/Sisters: Bellona, Zelda, Gabby Zelda Kinney, six other unnamed clones
Hobbies and pastimes: Trying new things
Favorite foods: Spicy food
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Laura possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. She is capable of seeing at much greater distances, and with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. She retains this same level of clarity in near-total darkness. Her sense of hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing her to both hear sounds that ordinary humans can't and to hear sounds that ordinary humans can, but at much greater distances. Laura is able to use her highly developed sense of smell to track targets by scent with an impressive degree of success, even if the scent has been eroded by natural factors, such as the weather.
- Adamantium Claws: Laura's skeleton includes two retractable bone claws, which have been covered in adamantium, in each arm and one in each foot that she can extend and retract at will. These claws are housed beneath the skin and muscle. Unsheathing them causes her skin to tear and bleed, but the wounds are quickly dealt with by her healing factor. Laura can unsheathe any number of these claws at once, although she must keep her wrists and/or feet straight at the moment the claws emerge. Her ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon the amount of force she can exert and the thickness of the substance. Also, since the bones of her hands and wrists are not laced with Adamantium, it is likely that the reverberation of her claws could conceivably break her hands with significant force. Unlike Wolverine, the presence of Adamantium in her body is not sufficient enough to interfere with her bones' normal function of generating blood corpuscles, although it is as possible that some degree of her immune system is distracted by the presence of the foreign substance. Her claws can cut through the Hulk's skin and eyes.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Like Wolverine, Laura's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing factor that enables her to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. She is capable of fully healing injuries resulting in massive tissue damage and blood loss such as multiple bullet wounds, slash wounds, and puncture wounds within a matter of minutes. Her healing factor is developed to such a degree, she is capable of reattaching severed limbs, such as a hand. She has also proven capable of regrowing an entire arm on her own. Her healing factor may fluctuate with her psychological state as battle wounds tend to heal very quickly, but her self inflicted cuts appear to remain visible for some time.
Foreign Chemical Immunity: Laura's natural healing also affords her the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs. She can be affected by some drugs, such as tranquilizers, if she is exposed to a massive dose.
Disease Immunity: Due to her highly efficient immune system, Laura is immune to all Earthly diseases and infections.
Superhuman Stamina: Laura's muscles produce considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair her.
Superhuman Agility: Laura's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
Superhuman Reflexes: Laura's reflexes are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. In at least one case she reacts to and slices in half with her claws a bullet fired at her face from nearly point-blank range.
Superhuman Durability: She was capable of fighting the Hulk without sustaining any severe injuries and surviving energy blasts from Nimrod (even if she required healing and nearly died).
Longevity: Presumably, because Laura is a clone of the mutant Wolverine, her healing factor will also provide her with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process.
- Expert Covert Ops Training: Raised in captivity, due to her extensive training as a top-secret operative, X-23 has been trained to become a living weapon. She is highly trained in the use of long range weapons and explosives, and is an expert in assassination techniques.
- Expert Tracker: Due to her enhanced sense of smell, Laura is a dangerous tracker and has memorized many different scents.
- Master Martial Artist: She is a master in hand to hand combatant, with intensive training in numerous armed and unarmed martial arts techniques during her time in the facility.
- Master Acrobat: She is an Olympic class athlete, gymnast, acrobat and aerialist capable of numerous complex maneuvers and feats.
- Multilingual: Laura can speak fluent English, French, and Japanese. She might be able to speak other languages.
- Gifted Intellect: She possesses the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations.
- Induced Berserker Rage: She has also been subjected to conditioning in which a specific "trigger scent" has been used to send her into a berserker rage, killing anything in sight.
Random Notes/Things from the Comics to Keep:
- Laura's watch-timer in her self-titled limited series was always set to 22 minutes.